Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Don't let the cat out of the bag

This expression is pretty much the same as the previous one from last week's blog. When you don't let the cat out of the bag, you're keeping something under wraps, which means you're keeping a secret. 

As you know, some people have no problems keeping the cat in the bag. Others, however, have trouble doing this because secrets are sometimes like a cat inside a bag that's screaming and moving violently trying to escape. 

like this:
1. I swear; if you let the cat out of the bag, I'm going to be pissed.
2. I can't believe you let the cat out of the bag after I specifically told you not to. What's wrong with you?
3. No one was supposed to know about the surprise bonuses yet, but one of the secretaries let the cat out of the bag.
4. Did you let the cat out of the bag after I told you not to?
5. Please don't let the cat out of the bag. My parents will kill me of they find out I got arrested.

Alright, everyone. The same challenge as the one last week. Tell us the last time you let the cat out of the bag. Tell us what happened and practice your English.

Good luck,
Joe
the small guide


No comments:

Post a Comment